Recently I have realized why psychoanalysis works in the way it works:
- Subconscious (called “heart” in Bible) is a generator of ideas.
- Conscious is a filter of ideas.
- Subconscious generates many ideas but just a few reach conscious.
- The purpose of conscious is to filter few good ideas out of many wrong ones.
- One criterion of filtering is morality. This is commonly called moral conscience.
After fall of the man into sin something went wrong.
(Mat. 15:18-19) “18 But the things which proceed out of the mouth come out of the heart, and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart come forth evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, sexual sins, thefts, false testimony, and blasphemies.”
(Mrk. 7:21-23) “21 For from within, out of the hearts of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, sexual sins, murders, thefts, 22 covetings, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, and foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.””
I don’t know which of the following two components was damaged:
If the damaged part human mind is heart, then Mat. 15:18-19 and Mrk. 7:21-23 have become true only after the fall of the man.
But if the damaged part is conscience, then heart generated immoral thoughts even before the fall to sin but conscience was doing a good work of filtering immoral and other bad thoughts, but now conscience is probably broken.